We do study on any topics related with
- Uncertainty principle; Information theoretic quantum uncertainty.
- Generalization of non-locality; What is the most general form of non-locality?
- Estimation theory and precision measurement; Does entanglement help?
- Quantum control and quantum biology;
- Quantum cryptography and information;
- Many-body & complex quantum system; How can the multipartite entanglement relate with exotic phase of materials?
- Contextuality and graph theory for high-dimensional systems;
A few selected articles
- "Optimized entropic uncertainty for successive projective measurements",
Kyunghyun Baek, Tristan Farrow, and Wonmin Son, Phys. Rev. A. 89, 032108 (2014)
- "Quantum phase transition between cluster and antiferromagnetic states",
W. Son, L. Amico, R. Fazio, A. Hamma, S. Pascazio, V. Vedral, Europhys. Lett. vol. 95, 50001 (2011)
- "Quantum instability in a quasi-long-range ordered phase",
W. Son, L. Amico, F. Plastina, V. Vedral, Phys. Rev. A, 79, 022302 (2009)
- "Test of nonlocality for a continuous-variable state based on arbitrary number of measurement outcomes",
W. Son, C. Brukner and M. S. Kim, Phys. Rev. Lett., 97, 110401 (2006)
- "Joint measurements and Bell inequalities",
W. Son, E. Andersson, S. M. Barnett and M. S. Kim,Phys. Rev. A, 72, 052116, (2005)
- "Entanglement by a beam splitter: nonclassicality as a prerequisite for entanglement",
M. S. Kim, W. Son, V. Buzek, and P.L. Knight, , Phys. Rev. A, 65, 032323 (2002)
- 손원민, "양자역학에서 측정과 불확실성; 불확정성 원리에 대하여", 물리학과 첨단기술 제22권 5호, 2013.
- 손원민, "순간이동 가능한 날 올까", 과학동아 2012년 11월호, 2012.
- 고중숙 외 22인 지음, 책 대 책 : 코스모스에서 뉴런 네트워크까지 13편의 사이언스 북 토크, 2014
- 블라트코 베드럴 저/손원민 역, 물리법칙의 발견, 2011
- Entanglement (양자 얽힘 현상이란 무엇인가?) (2013년 2월 18일 KIAS Winter School)
What is happening at QOQI lab
- 2018/11/14-15 There was Future Crypto Workshop 2018 in the Ramada Seoul Hotel.
- There was the awards ceremony of the 2018 Korean Crypto Competition (2018 국가암호공모전).
- Y. Jo received honourable mention. [Link]
- 2018/10/24-26 There was 2018 KPS fall conference in the Changwon, Republic of Korea.
- Poster : A family of Bell inequalities for maximally entangled states / Kwangil Bae and Wonmin Son
- Poster : Efficient high-dimensional quantum key distribution with hybrid encoding / Yonggi Jo, Hee Su Park, Seung-Woo Lee, and Wonmin Son
- Y. Jo received the grand prize for outstanding poster presentation award.
- 2018/04/25-27 There was 2018 KPS spring conference in Daejeon, Republic of Korea.
- Poster : Numerical evaluation of the localizable entanglement in 1D spin chain model / Dongkeun Lee and Wonmin Son
- 2018/04/23-24 There was the first 'Quantim information conference' in OSK(Optical Society Korea) conference 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Analytic approach to tight Bell’s ineqaulities in bi-partite system / Kwangil Bae and Wonmin Son
- Numerical evaluation of the localizable entanglement in 1D spin chain model / Donggeun Lee and Wonmin Son
- 2018/01/04-07 There was Workshop on quantum information theory 2018 in Jeju, Republic of Korea.
- Invited talk : Generalization of Bell-CHSH non-locality and beyond / Wonmin Son
- Contributed talk : Role of measurement unsharpness in entropic uncertainty relations / Kyunghyun Baek and Wonmin Son
- Contributed talk : Enhanced Bell state measurement for efficient measurement-device-independent quantum key distribution using 3-dimensional quantum states / Yonggi Jo, Kwangil Bae, and Wonmin Son
- 2017/12/15 K. Baek passed his Ph.D, exam. Congratulation!
- 2017/12/12 Y. Jo was selected as scholarship student from Agency of Defense Development (ADD). Congratulation!
- 2017/08/28-2017/09/01 There was ICSSUR 2017 in Jeju, Republic of Korea.
- W. Son (Local Organizing and Program Committee)
- K. Baek, K. Bae, D. Lee (Volunteer staffs)
- Talk : Role of quantum non-Gaussian distance in entropic uncertainty relations / Wonmin Son
- Talk : Unsharpness of generalized measurement and its effects in entropic uncertainty relations / Kyunghyun Baek and Wonmin Son
- Poster : Simulation of qubits in 1D array using MPS method / Donggeun Lee and Wonmin Son
- Poster : Tight Bell ineequality from generalized correlation approach in bi-partite 4-dimension / Kwangil Bae and Wonmin Son
more Lab News